10 September 2019
The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education recognizes innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.Established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Prize rewards annually US$ 25,000 each to two innovative individuals/organizations that are implementing outstanding projects and promoting the creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and overall educational performance in the digital age.
The theme of the current edition of the Prize is ‘the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to innovate education, teaching and learning'.
Call for nominations
Deadline: 31 October 2019
Who can apply?
Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations or other entities.
The projects/programmes should be ongoing for at least 6 months and must:
• Be relevant to the specific theme of the year;
• Be innovative, specifically in the application of AI;
• Demonstrate measurable positive and sustainable impact on the lives of the targeted beneficiaries;
• Provide evidence for potential replicability and scalability.
How to apply?
• Create a user account at:
• Fill in the online application:
• All submissions should be done in English or French and nominated by 31 October 2019 (midnight, Paris time).
Who can nominate?
• Governments of the Member States of UNESCO, via their National Commissions, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO can make up to 3 nominations.
• Self-nominations are not accepted.
31 October 2019: Deadline for nomination
November 2019: International jury meeting
March 2020: Award ceremony in Paris, France
UNESCO ICT in education Prize webpage
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/unesco-king-hamad-bin-isa-al-khalifa-prize-2019-call-for-nominations